Chester-le-Live Advertising Policy
Covering both the Chester-le-Live Booklet and the Chester-le-Live Website
- Chester-le-live is seeking to ensure sustainability and as part of this approach will maximise revenue from advertising both on its website and in booklets distributed throughout the community
- Chester-le-live will work with the basic assumption that advertising is permitted unless it falls into a prohibited category as set out below
- The intention of Chester-le-live is to promote a programme of activities taking place each quarter across the Chester-le-Street & District AAP area. Any agency that does not provide a list of activities but instead offers a general promotional article will be treated and charged as an advertiser
- All organisations providing a programme of activities are invited to make a donation to Chester-le-live but this is not a requisite for being included in the booklet or on the website.
- The Administrators for Chester-le-Live do not offer a design service for adverts but have employed specialised providers for this purpose for both the booklet and website.
Team Valley Printers will act on behalf of Chester-le-Live for the purpose of advertising on the website and in our booklet, and will offer arts and design as part of their package. All information relating to our providers can be found within the Chester-le-Live booklet and on the Chester-le-Live website.
2) Prohibited products, services and advertisers
Chester-le-Live reserves the right to restrict or prohibit certain types of advertising it deems unsuitable for our publications.
- Political organisations may not advertise with Chester-le-live
- Gambling organisations may not advertise with Chester-le-live
- Organisations simply offering entry into a competition following completion of a form containing any personal information may not advertise with
- Advertisements where benefit excludes UK citizens may not advertise with Chester-le-live
2.1) Prohibited products or services
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Firearms, ammunition or other weapons
- Promotion of products that are illegal
- Adult services
2.2) Prohibited Content
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Content which has a sexual tone
- Humour that mocks specific groups of citizens or pokes fun at a particular type of behaviour or situation
- Humour where there is innuendo or subtext that might cause offence
- Content which advocates a political, religious or controversial public position or candidate for public office
- Content that makes claims that cannot be substantiated
- Content that is not factually accurate or makes false or misleading claims
- Content that contains material that misrepresents, ridicules or attacks an individual or group on the basis of age, colour, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability or class
- Content which may injure the good name or reputation of Chester-le-live, or any of our partner organisations
3) Advertising space
- Chester-le-Live and our provider Net Island will try and ensure that the website is available for use 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, other than for scheduled down time, however we do not warrant that at any other time our websites will be available. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Chester-le-Live will not be liable to advertisers for damages or refunds should our site become unavailable or access to a site becomes slow or incomplete due to system back up procedures, internet traffic volume, upgrades, overload of requests to the servers, general network failures or delays, or any other cause which may from time to time make the website inaccessible to you.
- The Advertiser, and not Chester-le-Live or its providers, must agree to being solely responsible for advertising material and proprietary rights, including all copyright, database rights, patents, trade marks, service marks, trade names, registered designs and design rights and other rights like nature (howsoever arising and in whatever media), whether registered or not or capable of registrations anywhere in the world, and all applications for the protection of those rights including all renewals and extensions.
- Chester-le-live booklet shall carry no more than 4 pages of advertising per edition. The website shall carry advertising on no more than 4 of its most prominent pages. This may be subject to review from time to time.
- Chester-le-live website shall make clear and unambiguously identify adverts, with the words “advertisement”, attached
- In no event shall Chester-le-live’s acceptance of an advert be considered an endorsement of the product or service or of the company that manufactures, distributes or promotes such product or service.
- Clicking onto an advertisement on the Chester-le-live website will link to the advertiser’s site.
- Chester-le-live is not responsible for the content of the advertisers website
4) Reject, remove or cancel
- Chester-le-live reserves the right to reject, cancel or remove at anytime any advertising from its website or booklet.Advertisers will be provided with prompt notice and reasons for rejection cancellation or removal of an advertisement
- Adverts that are removed will not be refundable
- It is the responsibility of the Advertiser to comply with all applicable laws -
Chester-le-live assumes no obligations to monitor its advertiser’s compliance.
- Chester-le-live has sole discretion with respect to interpretation of this policy and all other issues associated with Advertising in the Chester-le-live booklet or on the website. Chester-le-live may change this policy at any time at its sole discretion.
5) Behavioural targeting cookies and privacy
- Cookies are only to be used to gather data on a totally anonymous basis in order to monitor web site traffic (as with Google Analytics and other cookie based traffic monitoring tools)
- There are a range of technologies in use on the internet which enables user behaviour to be tracked, in detail. Chester-le-live does not make use of these technologies but other organisations will do, the use of these technologies is very rarely malicious or harmful – their purpose is purely to tailor marketing and advertising – but internet users should be aware that most of their behaviour on the internet is now tracked. We strongly advise all internet users to check their ‘privacy’ settings
6) Advertising Specification
All advertisements for Chester-le-Live should be supplied at the exact sizes below.
Please supply as high resolution PDFs with all fonts embedded or converted to outlines and all pixel based imagery at 300dpi in CMYK colour space. All spot colours should be converted to process.
Because of the porous nature of the paper stock Chester-le-Live is printed on, all images should be prepared allowing for an approximate dot gain of 20% on a 50% dot with a maximum inking limit of around 250.
For full bleed advertisements 3mm should be allowed on all edges.
Advertisements should be set to the following sizes:
|Page Size (mm)||With Bleed (mm)||No Bleed (mm)|
|Full page||A5(148 x 210)||154 x 213 trim to 148 x 210||124 x 188|
|Half Portrait||59.5 x 188|
|Half Landscape||124 x 91.5|
|Quarter Portrait||59.5 x 91.5|
|Strip Advert Landscape||124 x 30|